Going Green projects

Arylic

Hello, everyone. Looking at all the awareness programs coming up to save the planet from the carbon emissions, i thought of my self why not to make a topic here and gather a couple of engineer hobbits and electrical science hobbits and

and plan out a way to make some kind of machine or ways to save the planet for our future and future generation.

So your ideas are welcomed..:D

how about wind turbines? Solar panels? Biomass for power and fuels? Tidal energy? Of course, hydro electricity? How could I forget the geothermal power?

We're working on that 24-7 already! :D

But indeed, all ideas are welcome. If you have a look around on this forum, I am sure you can find lots of ideas already. (Sorry for not linking to all the threads - there is a search function for that - there are so many threads already!).

i know that all that basic contraptions are all ready up and running. We need something more advance which could power all the world with a single activation rather then using fossil fuels.

i was thinking of a starch maker sort of machine which replicates the plants function to produce starch. The machine would use carbon dioxide and sunlight to simulate the process and then produce oxygen to act as our new product. cool ehh ? but thats the main problem how are we going to do that ?

That too already exists. There exist setups that first make electricity from solar/wind, and then use electrolysis to make hydrogen and oxygen.

Other setups can even make hydrogen immediately, although these are not nearly as efficient as the first one I mentioned. You can even make methanol or other liquid fuels, but I haven't been able to find a link.

How would you make starch from CO2 (and water)? You have any idea? Or are you just daydreaming?