Neanderthals and humans?

Why has it been difficult for researchers to determine whether there was interbreeding between our ancestors and Neanderthals? Explain the relationship that is known to exist between the two groups and the evidence for and against interbreeding.

Can you please answer this for me? Thank you!:D

I don't visit the forum much these days, so I am unaware of the current position on homework questions. This sure as heck looks like a homework question. (In fact I'd bet a year's salary on it.)

Why don't you tell us how much you have found out already, or what you suspect? Then we can comment on the accuracy of your thoughts, or point you in the right direction.

For example, how do we determine if interbreeding took place between, say, native Peruvians and Han Chinese? Would this approach be applicable to the Neanderthal problem.

Why has it been difficult for researchers to determine whether there was interbreeding between our ancestors and Neanderthals? Explain the relationship that is known to exist between the two groups and the evidence for and against interbreeding.

Can you please answer this for me? Thank you!:D

OMG lazy people, read your textbook!