Whats a good way to review general/AP chemistry for college?

blackhole123

I took AP chem last year and got a 3 on the exam. I want to go into chemistry as my major but I can already hardly remember anything about the course. I know it seems sad but I think I've forgotten so much. I don't want to be lost next year when I get to college, are there any fairly thorough AP chem review books that I could get my hands on and essentially reteach myself the course? I don't want exam review necessarily just review on the course in general so I can prepare myself. I wish I still had my old textbook, but they are so expensive.

Thanks.

There are loads of AP review books. I've got the Barron's one here, although which you choose is just a matter of personal preference. (I didn't use mine much, so I don't really know how good it is.)

Go down to the local bookstore and wander around the exam prep section. There are usually some AP review books there. You can look through them and see which one looks the best.

If you don't feel like spending, the library should have a copy. You can also go to the AP webpage and find the materials that the course covers. Look for what you remember and what you don't. You can probably save some time by doing that.

You got a 3 on the exam and are wanting to have chemistry as your major? I'd think a little bit more, maybe you just weren't paying attention in class, but the AP Chem exam is pretty easy.

As a review book, Zumdahl has a really nice one.

You got a 3 on the exam and are wanting to have chemistry as your major? I'd think a little bit more, maybe you just weren't paying attention in class, but the AP Chem exam is pretty easy.

I'm not sure "easy" would be the best way to describe it. It's the hardest AP exam I've taken, and I've taken quite a few.