Which way is up?

Catharsis

Wow - good show (good fellows)....

The exact points I think I’ve been dancing around (just couldn’t think of them) - bravo, bravo....

Wake the kids and phone the neighbors....

That sphere with no air in it was perfect...

For my two cents worth (which is by all means, just not all that much).... Is - (with my handful of sand example in mind) the more denser atoms (more proton, neutron make up at the center of the atom, that is) the more support and “up push” you get on the lighter atoms (collectively) and even the more better “no atoms” (hence the vacuum example).... So when the math is done (after the dust settles) the more (collectively speaking) denser atoms underneath the lighter (collectively speaking) atoms - you get float (or even better - you get “up”)....

Now with that in mind (for all you young protegees out there) try and think “simultaneously” of pressing your finger down on a tight bed sheet with a marble spinning around and around like water in a toilet bowl and making its way to your finger (in three dimensional space and time and that finger being earth “or matter”) you now have gravity....

So with those two in mind (the bed sheet and handful of sand) - what do you get - ....

Ha, ha, ha,

All that comes to my mind - is like what they're talking about - “no space” (the nothing between here and the moon) “dark matter” etc.... Is actually “something” (as if it were a form of matter also) just a different kind of matter.... It’s the only thing that makes sense (no?)....

Well - they don’t know what gravity is... and the basic concepts of trying to figure “it” out (to me) would be how atoms work in order to get “up” and how the force of gravity originates...

So I’m just “postulating” in a general way that we get the notion of “up” by a layering, a departmentalizing (of sorts) with atoms and their differentiation found by the proton / neutron “make up” at the center of their atoms... Hence the bigger ones go to the bottom the smaller ones end up on top...

With that in mind - put together with the origins of gravity (warping of space and time) the analogy of pushing your finger down on a bed sheet (but in three dimensional space) you have the ingredients for figuring out who, what, where and how gravity is... No? (I mean in at least the way I see it)....

I like to get to the hart of the mater - not sensationalize science “propaganda” (I wouldn’t make a good teacher)... Almost all science TV shows don’t really explain things in black and white... Example: Einstein was notorious for telling children that we only use 10% or 15% of our brain for thinking and they don’t know what the rest is used for... When we really “do” use only 10% of our brain to think - the rest is for the body to use for it’s automatic behavior keeping the lungs breathing, hart pumping etc...

Also the concept of string theory - basically their saying that - our model of little balls spinning around a bigger ball could be just us applying a model to a concept to help us understand something we can’t see... That maybe in actuality it could be threads that vibrate at different frequencies (or sorts)....

They like to use the concept of “alternate reality” as a bait and switch concept to make science attractive... Like the concept of worm holes to travel through space - well if dark matter is really matter (based on the idea of how we get gravity - a warping of space and time) then maybe (just conceptually) we can “pluck” a piece of fabric from one side of the bed and along with another piece of fabric “plucked” from another part of the bed - put the two together - then you get Warp Drive (or a worm hole)....

So to me that’s the way I like to think of things to make sense with (and I’m assuming that to other people the way things are portrayed on TV and in class rooms aren't thought of being to kosher either - because I would think people would be quick and happy to discuss, at least in a small way, the most Wild concepts of reality) and we all know they are not.. Very seldom (never) do you hear people discussing really of anything of interest at Starbucks except “what did you get for question number eight”...

Because otherwise in closing (I don’t know) “which word didn’t you understand”....

Edited by Catharsis