Dark matter versions of black holes?

Baby Astronaut

What if enough dark matter was concentrated in an area, becoming ever large, will it collapse into a black hole? And if so, wouldn't it just become a normal black hole that couldn't be traced back to its dark matter origins?

Can dark matter from into bodies like stars/planets do? Such bodies might emit dark energy.

It is hard for dark matter to concentrate in a small area as it doesn't lose angular momentum. While dark matter could fall into an existing black hole and increase its mass, I'm not sure if it could form one completely by its own. It has been predicted (although I don't know if this is a mainstream prediction) that when dark matter particles concentrate in a very small spot they start to annihilate producing "normal" particles, preventing the formation of denser concentrations, preventing for example dark matter caused star collapse.

Anyway, you can find more about the angular momentum stuff here: http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=358

Is there any proof (from measurements) for dark matter and its properties (like the angular momentum)?

I've always understood that "dark matter" exists only in our minds to fill in a very large gap in the models we have of the universe. also, all its properties were derived from the gaps in the model, because if it wouldn't have these kind of properties, the universe shouldn't behave as it does.

But I admit that this is not my field, and my post here should be seen as a question, not as an answer to a question.

Is there any proof (from measurements) for dark matter and its properties (like the angular momentum)?

I've always understood that "dark matter" exists only in our minds to fill in a very large gap in the models we have of the universe. also, all its properties were derived from the gaps in the model, because if it wouldn't have these kind of properties, the universe shouldn't behave as it does.

But I admit that this is not my field, and my post here should be seen as a question, not as an answer to a question.

There are a lot of widely accepted theories that haven't been proved yet, in science we just have to go on what we have at the moment. :) Dark matter being composed of particles like WIMPs is one theory, but no theory regarding dark matter has been proved yet. I just offered one example based on the particle version, but if the apparent dark matter is caused by something else than massive particles then I'm pretty sure it can't form black holes. :)