Defining c

throng

I’m trying to get a visual picture of the relative movement of particles.

Imagine you are in the solitary particle. There is nothing outside the particle.

So you’re inside, observing nothing and the particle splits (replicates) and the two particles move apart.

The observer can’t detect movement from his particle so would he detect the split?

My guess is, the second particle would suddenly appear, but you couldn’t judge its movement.

I guess red shift would tell its distance and speed.

The observer sets out toward the particle he can see. His particle suddenly appears behind him.

His speed is only one tenth of that of the separating particles.

Will he reach the other particle?

It seems to me his movement would only be relative to the two particles. He’d still leave one and approach the other. Wouldn’t he?

I’m trying to get a picture in my head of relative movement by starting with the solitary and exploring the possibilities of movement. I’m not sure if it’ll help with light speed, probably not.

Imagine you are at solitary particle (e1). Nothing is observable.

The movement splits into (e1) and (e2). The observer is restricted to the line between the sources of movement. He establishes his co-ordinates as x (not x,y,z), which could be anywhere on the line.

I don’t think the observer could detect movement or his co-ordinates under these hypotheses, as the line links the sources of movement.

Please show how movement is detectable in these environs.