Geochemistry: Methods and technologies used for geochemical exploration

[w00t]

Im in my first year in university

i have to write a report 10 page report on

"methods and technologies used for geochemical exploration using stream sediment and soil sample"

call me retarded but i dont exactly know what the question is asking or how to answer it

am i suppose to basically display and write about methods on how we explore/study sediments from stream lines, such as lakes running off mountains and such and how their are different methods for different depths of the water bed to find different sediments?

i guess the soil sample is also refering to how we do a chemical anaylsis of the soil, what we find at differnt depths, how we identify it

am i on the right track?

any help is appreciated

thankyou

Log into sciencedirect or other online database through your uni's website (through library link, if they have one ) and then search for descriptions of methods and technologies for geochemical exploration; though, I'd suggest you first get a book from the library on geology or geochemistry and get some introductory information regarding geochemical exploration before you actually start gathering up in-depth info. hope that helps.