New FBI guidelines to allow baseless investigations

bascule

Have you forgotten which party put us in Vietnam?

You may as well ask me if I forgot which party started the Civil War. Is that really relevant? Is Lyndon Johnson representative of Obama?

And the thing is, you can't tell me you knew Bush would do that before he was elected. You might have disliked the guy because he was a Republican, but you could not have foreseen these specific, 9/11-derived abuses of power.

Okay? What's your point? The goals of PNAC, Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz, and Rove are certainly clear in 20/20 hindsight.

Are you saying I simply don't know enough about Obama to suggest that he's probably not going to pursue a totalitarian power grab and constantly be hounding Congress for more executive power in the same way Bush did?

I really think it's safe to assume he won't... but if you want to keep pursing this "How do you KNOW Obama isn't the same as Bush?" angle... go for it.

Okay? What's your point? The goals of PNAC, Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz, and Rove are certainly clear in 20/20 hindsight.

Thanks, I appreciate your agreeing on our common ground.

Are you saying I simply don't know enough about Obama to suggest that he's probably not going to pursue a totalitarian power grab and constantly be hounding Congress for more executive power in the same way Bush did?

Yes, that's what I'm saying. I'm not suggesting that we can't vote for politicians because we don't know enough about them, all I'm saying is that we need to resolve these civil liberties and executive power issues and not allow them to languish once a Democrat is "safely" in the White House. Otherwise they'll just come up again, sooner or later.