Deterministic Paradox.

SeanmBateman

Hypothetical.

Imagine you have created nanobots. What core functions were to replicate themselves, and to collect the data of every subatomic particles position and all other information about them. Becoming omniscient, they have the fundamental knowledge to predicting every single event from that point onward. When and where earthquakes will happen, what random number I choose etc.

I meet up with your omniscient nanobots and ask them a simply question. What hand will I put up, the regulations are, you have to tell me before I make my decision and whatever you say I will choose the opposite.

I make my decision and whatever you say I will choose the opposite.

What if the answer to the question was: You will put up the hand opposite to what we say. :D

and to collect the data of every subatomic particles position and all other information about them.

Due to the uncertainty principle, this is impossible. But even if it was possible, they would then need to collect the data about themselves, then collect the data about their data storage devices, and so forth.

The data about their data storage is the most problematic because as they gather the data about it, this extends the amount of data that they need to collect about the data storage.

And, because there is more data to be discovered about the data storage device than what can be stored in it (or the data stored in the device would have to be greater than the the amount of data that could be contained within the device :doh:), there would always be more data to be discovered. In other words, the more data the nanobots discover, the more data the will be for them to discover. Their task would be a Sisyphusian task. :eek:

You believe that there are exceptions to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. Please do elaborate because if I remember correctly there are no exceptions to this principle. But if you do know of one please do share.