How to express the whole part of the number

Vts

Question 1:

If, for example, I have a sequence n=1,2,3, 5.... and I have to divide this sequence by 2, that is n/2=0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5...., but in my next formula I have to use only whole parts of the results: n/2(whole)= 0, 1, 1, 2, 2,...

Is there a mathematical symbol for such expression ? I tried few web sites, including the Wikipedia, but was not able to find one.

Question 2:

Is there mathematical symbol for rounded numbers?

Please, help !

Question 2:

• The largest integer that is less than or equal to [math]x[/math]: [math]\lfloor x \rfloor[/math]

• The smallest integer that is greater than or equal to [math]x[/math]: [math]\lceil x \rceil[/math]

Question 1:

• The sequence [math]\langle 0,1,1,2,2,...\rangle[/math]: [math]\langle\,\lfloor n/2 \rfloor:n\in\langle 0,1,2\cdots\rangle\,\rangle[/math]

A list of such symbols, together with the ascii and html representations can be found at

http://www.barzilai.org/math_sym.htm

That is nice. Thanks. Unfortunately, not all symbols are there. The symbols for ceiling and floor functions that I need are not included on that web page. I used floor(n/2) for now, but would like to change to the symbol one day.

Is there HTML code for floor and ceiling functionn symbols?