Anthropology degree question...

Taktiq

General education requirements vary widely by country and even, here in the US, by individual state. What I typically do with this type of question is find a school that has a degree program that I'm interested in, visit their web site, and then drill down through their site until I find their degree requirements, which these days are almost always posted (usually in a "catalog").

Finding a school that has the degree program I'm interested in is actually the most challenging part, but perhaps some folks here can help with that. If you're restricting your focus to a specific geographical area, post the area and maybe we can help you narrow it down. :)

As Pangloss noted, general education will vary. The major requirements for any anthropology degree will also vary pretty strongly depending on if your university has a general program that includes archaeology and biological anthropology (to use North Carolina examples, like Wake Forest), or one that is only sociocultural anthropology (like the University of North Carolina or Appalachian State), or one that has their anthropology department combined with sociology, as many smaller liberal arts schools do (like UNC: Asheville). Duke University is the only I've see that has an exclusively biological anthropology program for undergraduates, to add that to the diversity.

I only know this because I've been doing a lot of college browsing for the past year or so for good anthropology departments, as I'm about to start into one.

Edited by CDarwin