Pioneer 112D Combo Drive

buzzyboo

Good Morning,

I have a machine running XP Pro SP2 and have installed 2 Pioneer 112D Combo Drives - master & slave.

Problem is, when I have 2 music cd's in the drives - windows media player only recognizes one cd at a time and says the other drive is empty?

I have uninstalled & reinstalled the drivers, media player, firmware updates.

When I had 2 different models of the combo drives I never had this problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated before I become bald from tearing out my hair!

Thanks

Good Morning,

I have a machine running XP Pro SP2 and have installed 2 Pioneer 112D Combo Drives - master & slave.

Problem is, when I have 2 music cd's in the drives - windows media player only recognizes one cd at a time and says the other drive is empty?

I have uninstalled & reinstalled the drivers, media player, firmware updates.

When I had 2 different models of the combo drives I never had this problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated before I become bald from tearing out my hair!

Thanks

As sad as it sounds have you tried loading a fresh OS? I do not think this would really help you but it does have a lot of files in it. Besides that does your computer display much information on it in regards to the other one, such as on installation, have you tried reinstalling both of them, maybe switching physical lactations such as bays and seeing which one the computer recognizes?