Math Model System

foodchain

For any math whiz types please help.

Say I wanted to make a math model, not for anything in particular. In this model I wanted something that could describe any particular value which itself is defined by probabilistic values attached just below such or values. I wanted for those values to be required to be treated as units and also satisfy being able to be represented as say geometrical units or parts of a whole. Say I also wanted to add on a chunk to the equation that worked the value with the attributes so it had to display relationships if I were to add in more the one major variable to be defined, it had to do this by making the geometrical values to the sub values of each major variable entangle with each other. I would like this particular aspect to be scaleable, such as from the smallest representational dimension to the largest that can be produced.

I was thinking that maybe I could use fractals, and the smallest fractals would be those with the fewest individual connections yet retaining say an atomic or coherent whole status, something akin to an element. Then a higher or “emergent” aspect would be say a compound of these elements arising as say a certain statistical bulk or a somewhat uniform phenomena also “emergent” from the lower pieces and so on. I would want the part of the equation that worked such relationships to look at such from that kind of a perspective.

I would then want the last part of such an equation that would work for patterns in the geometry for emergent patterns in transformation, say if the equation was cyclic for the flow of water through a region for instance, if you had such variables submitted as sub values again for the main variables. Such as instead of looking for relationships in a geometric point of view for say a static snap shot like representation, it would reveal such in terms of running the probabilities as a range of variance.

The idea is that they main variables would feed into the other two parts of the equation to have form via the geometry aspect select out of probability, and have such be able to follow transformations of such form via selection criteria. I would hope that the selection criteria could occur if the units had to relate, which I would want to specify for the ability to entangle occur.

What kind of math should I look to use if I wanted to try and make such a model in the fist place?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting but very difficult to read. I think I understand you up to here:

The idea is that they main variables would feed into the other two parts of the equation to have form via the geometry aspect select out of probability, and have such be able to follow transformations of such form via selection criteria. I would hope that the selection criteria could occur if the units had to relate, which I would want to specify for the ability to entangle occur.

Please go into more detail about the structure of the equation and what its variables mean? and the whole idea? :)

Interesting but very difficult to read. I think I understand you up to here:

Please go into more detail about the structure of the equation and what its variables mean? and the whole idea? :)

:D

Well I want something that is an anchor first of all, if this were for a physical model I would just want the value to be something that has to equal zero point energy, or that to exist in the math as something real or physical this value has to be at least equal to that bare minimum value.

Next I would want something that could be a variable for say heat, in some unit applicable to a quantum scale, this is associated with the ZPE thing. I would want these variable basically just to describe that. I want to plug such into some sort of an equation that will demonstrate say motion of heat in the form of entanglement, but represented in say a 4-d type image of data also that displays the probability of entanglement in relation to also the ZPE. I think this would be neat if the data image could be in fractal, I think it would let you look at say individual parts, but maybe allow for modulation for simulation.

Well I want something that is an anchor first of all, if this were for a physical model I would just want the value to be something that has to equal zero point energy, or that to exist in the math as something real or physical this value has to be at least equal to that bare minimum value.

So if a system were to be annihilated by its anti-system, a theoretical particle, ZPE would be left over?

Next I would want something that could be a variable for say heat, in some unit applicable to a quantum scale

Heat? I think you might want to look at some sort of relationship between impedance vs resonance/resonators and Euler's formula and the function of the complex variable in it as well as the physical features of waves through which Fourier analysis is conducted. Something like that. It is incredibly difficult to formulate your ideas into an equation without having an absolutely tremendous knowledge of modern physics. And even then the best person to make your ideas into equations is you.

Edited by Quartile

So if a system were to be annihilated by its anti-system, a theoretical particle, ZPE would be left over?

I don’t really understand your question. The ZPE for how I would like to see it used here hypothetically of course is for minimal energy or as close as you can get to no energy. I want this to try and get rid of non real values. I also want this to aid in the probability for entanglement, such as it uses the value of say heat in relation to ZPE, such as if something is freezing or is very hot.

If I have this mixed up with absolute zero please go ahead and point that out :confused:

Heat? I think you might want to look at some sort of relationship between impedance vs resonance/resonators and Euler's formula and the function of the complex variable in it as well as the physical features of waves through which Fourier analysis is conducted.

I am wanting to work this with mainly probability and I would think algebra, I have no other idea of what I would actually have to use... I also really just want this to study say entanglement and I guess the motion of heat if that is how you would word it.

Foodchain,

Before we can help you, it would help if we knew what exactly it is you want to model. There are many physical phenomenon that could be modeled using probabilities and fractals. And, ZPE and absolute zero are two different things (although, ZPE implies that you can't possibly have a temperature that is equal to absolute zero).

As for the math, you might want to read into probability theory if that is what you are looking for.

Try reading this, introduction into probability: http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=14oq4uWGCkwC&dq=Probability&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=LP1-x5rRvi&sig=DiTL58u_tpcYLTMiDNXfKiqmKTw&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=5&ct=result#PPP1,M1

That might hold something useful there.

Also, try reading into Bifurcation Theory. The link gives you a simple description.

And, you can also read a little bit into quantum mechanics right over here: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/HFrame.html

Edited by Deja Vu
multiple post merged

oops

I am thinking it would be neat if the fractals, which are used in abstract to represent information could display probability of entanglement as say an energy density using the ZPE variable and time. So basically I would hope the fractal would have say a gradient type look, or spectrum. I want this to attempt to describe motion of heat though, like what is the most probable creaking paths for a building as the sun is going down, or as the building cools or contracts.

I think you could study that question if you could portray the building first as some geometry of heat in some state of thermal equilibrium?

I am thinking it would be neat if the fractals, which are used in abstract

What do you mean used in abstract ? Abstract what ?

to represent information could display probability of entanglement as say an energy density using the ZPE variable and time.

Care to explain how these follow from each other ? I'm really struggling to make any sense of this.

So basically I would hope the fractal would have say a gradient type look, or spectrum. I want this to attempt to describe motion of heat though, like what is the most probable creaking paths for a building as the sun is going down, or as the building cools or contracts.

Again, what ? foodchain, apart from your unique way of describing things, please take this advice, and I'm not meaning to be harsh...but you really need to get your head round the basics.

What's apparent in most of your posts regarding physics, is that your delving into topics and trying to find relationships, without, it seems, robust prior knowledge of the subjects you're tackling. My advice, is keep your questions short, and tackle one problem at a time. Surely you've noticed that people are having a really hard time trying to decipher what you're thinking.

You're certainly very keen to get 'stuck in' as it were, but I guarantee your efforts will be fruitless unless you have a clear understanding of the topics you're trying to tackle. Again, I'm not trying to be mean, but your diving into the deep end of the pool before learning the doggy paddle.

What do you mean used in abstract ? Abstract what ?

Care to explain how these follow from each other ? I'm really struggling to make any sense of this.

Again, what ? foodchain, apart from your unique way of describing things, please take this advice, and I'm not meaning to be harsh...but you really need to get your head round the basics.

What's apparent in most of your posts regarding physics, is that your delving into topics and trying to find relationships, without, it seems, robust prior knowledge of the subjects you're tackling. My advice, is keep your questions short, and tackle one problem at a time. Surely you've noticed that people are having a really hard time trying to decipher what you're thinking.

You're certainly very keen to get 'stuck in' as it were, but I guarantee your efforts will be fruitless unless you have a clear understanding of the topics you're trying to tackle. Again, I'm not trying to be mean, but your diving into the deep end of the pool before learning the doggy paddle.

I don’t understand, its just a question. I have never claimed to be an authority on this subject as far as I know, in fact I think you might find a post or two of mine in which I admit I don’t know a whole lot about physics and even less about math.

that being said what do you think about the idea?

IN terms of abstract, I just want something that can represent say some type of data, namely I am thinking about something that attempts to model say the motion of heat through entanglement, I want this to include time.

Basically if I can sum it up any shorter for a question, something that will represent how heat moves or whatever word you would use, and if you could study this via entanglement. I want it represented data wise as fractals. I want this representation to be able to include time. I am thinking that if you made the probability something like the density of the energy that its dissipation towards say ZPE could be useful, this would be again represented by say fractals.

I am thinking that the idea itself is not to bad as things to tend to cool off when possible I think, and that the energy goes to work during this, such as heating up a cup of coffee, it cools off right?