Hypothetical Question about Black Holes

Could a Black Hole theoretically eat itself? Say if it were possible that there was a Black Hole in a contained environment, for the sake of discussion, once it pulled in everything it possibly could from the space it was in, what would happen to it?

If yes, then could it be Possible, that in a previous Universe, after it's maximum expansion, it could have broken down to the point that a dominant Black Hole consumed everything and then itself? The singularity that was left over could have created our universe and it could just be a big never ending cycle.

If energy cannot be destroyed, only transfered then it has to go somewhere. If a Black hole is made up of the condensed energy from everything it's "consumed" then it this seems Plausible to me, that once everything Has been consumed whats left is one super dense singularity of energy that could spark the "Big Bang" expansion. Once everything has compressed far enough down it has to go somewhere right? Why not re-expansion?

If No to the Main question, then what would Happen in the contained environment?

Keep in mind that I have no formal Astronomical or Science education at all, so I have to use assumptions from information I have collected through the years, which very well could be completely wrong. :D

Edited by omnimutant

some of what you say I can make sense of

and some parts I can't make sense of.

It is a fairly common conjecture that black holes lead to big bangs (a new region of spacetime, which we don't see, is created out the back door, so to speak).

It should be possible to test that idea, and maybe to show it can't happen, as we learn more about black holes.

The gammaray satellite that just went up this month, GLAST, will observe collapse events----gammaray bursts associated with black hole formation or collision. that should tell something.

It may take years to get a good model of what happens at the pit of a black hole. there are several competing possibilities. The general field of research that takes in that stuff (and also models big bang events) is called quantum gravity. Some of what you are asking about is stuff that the field of quantum gravity should be able to answer as it progresses.

===============

some of what you ask about doesn't make sense to me. like

you should know that black holes don't "eat" all the stuff around them.

they only "eat" stuff that falls in

stars can orbit black holes safely as long as they don't get too close.

moving pictures have been made of stars orbiting the black hole at the center of Milkyway galaxy. an astronomer Reinhardt Genzel just won the milliondollar Shaw prize for observing stars orbiting around that particular hole. The Shaw is like the Nobel for astronomy.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-06/e-spg061008.php

Edited by Martin