Armadillo Run

Ms. M

If you enjoyed Crayola physics, you should know there is an older game quite like it.

It's name is Armadillo Run, and it's really awesome...

If you enjoy physics you will certainly like it, I did ;)

haha, that's pretty good too! I just spent 30mins completing the demo, I think it was a lot more challenging than the Crayola physics one. It was interesting how most of the levels were quite obvious, at least conceptually, to me, but there was 1 that really confused me for a while!

And it's quite amusing when you do something really clever, but then one of the ropes snap, then the whole thing falls apart under its own weight! It's quite a bit more advanced, physically, than the Crayola one. Mind the Crayola one was completed in a week, and they're quite different games, so it's probably a bit unfair to directly compare.

I recall playing a game similar to that Armidillo one a long long time ago. Meh, maybe it was the same game!

Anyhow, if people (don't have to be physicists!) have <30mins to spare, go download/instal/play the demo. Official site:

http://www.armadillorun.com/demo/

Oh no! Another one of these things that I now have to spend my time playing with!!

Although with Phun seemingly there are no missions etc., just an open space environment. You're limited by your own creativity, but at the same time there's no sense of completion that you get from solving a level in Armadillo Run or the Crayola Physics games.

But in phun you can do what you want, I mean it what you want. You build a house, it's hard to make everything the same size so you can have it stable, they fall off, make them again, build something else, and come to a point where you have created something really good and say "I did that!!!", I just can't resist it. Having to complete missions is what actually makes you limited. It's like saying "you got to do this, no matter how just do it or you can't go on"! I hate that. On the other side, phun is fun man:D , though there is a problem with it, it's too addictive!

The missions might have inherent restrictions, but there's many ways of solving them, and I find the fun is in finding and implementing a solution. I enjoy being given a problem and having to solve it, and from that get the "I did that" feeling. Whereas you seem to prefer being given an open environment and setting your own challenges.

I'll give Phun a proper go in the next few days, but I'm fairly certain I'll 'stick to my guns' and not change my view, which of course is purely opinion based!

Moving on to more important matters - I somehow doubt I can find the full version of Armadillo Run on BitTorrent! :rolleyes: