Possible Tool

Could you use unitary operators to study for possible convergent processes from the genome into the proteome? Such as at the gene level you will have the information for say eye color existing, this of course operates within a dynamic system.

I am sorry about my wording. I don’t really know what I am talking about nearly enough to work with it any better then I currently do.

Basically I think unitary operators might be useful in determining the various actions proteins might take within a cell. Simply put I imagine chemical movement in a cell is nearly insane to trace using modern chemistry. I know this would imply use of QM via things like density theory(?) but I don’t know the exact amount of applications giving unitary operators.

For instance, though out of my league a bioinformatics program using a Darwinian algorithm plugged into QM would probably be funny to watch. These things are more or less independent interest currently as I don’t study them in school. Personally I find the reliance on math somewhat a frightening concept giving its human but what can you do? Test it?

Could you model extinction as being less then 1?

Hello Foodchain, I'm not at all familiar with unitary operators and just read about them on wikipedia and I still don't understand how to use them. Could you help me understand what a unitary operator will represent in a model to study the genome and the proteome? You say you could use it to represent various actions a protein might take but what in math will be representing the protein and what would be representing the outcome of its actions?

I have a "few" doubts about your words

Could you use unitary operators to study for possible convergent processes from the genome into the proteome? Such as at the gene level you will have the information for say eye color existing,.
I assume you are not talking about economy, so perhaps you mean to use a program which guesses the phenotype which would be provided by certain genes. I don’t see it very difficult, but I don’t know about informatics, so I have no idea if this could be done with unitary or binary operators.

this of course operates within a dynamic system.
Reading this, I suppose I haven’t understood anything of the previous sentences, because I don’t think that it is necessary for determining a phenotype to complicate looking for position and time.

Basically I think unitary operators might be useful in determining the various actions proteins might take within a cell.
I think we are now talking about determining the actions of proteins. Yes, probably a computer program would help, all the help is welcome.

Simply put I imagine chemical movement in a cell is nearly insane to trace using modern chemistry.?
What do you mean by chemical movement? How does it relate to the OP?

I know this would imply use of QM via things like density theory(?)
I don’t know what “QM” stands for, but what are you going to measure the electronic density of? How would you aply this theory to the genome or whatever you want to get? Why? How does it relate to the OP?

Could you model extinction as being less then 1?
Now, are you talking about Astronomy? Spectrum? I am definitively lost. What do you want to use the unitary operators for?

Hello Foodchain, I'm not at all familiar with unitary operators and just read about them on wikipedia and I still don't understand how to use them. Could you help me understand what a unitary operator will represent in a model to study the genome and the proteome? You say you could use it to represent various actions a protein might take but what in math will be representing the protein and what would be representing the outcome of its actions?

I am not to familiar with them either, that’s why I asked the question. I want to study such for context of life in regards to its origin. For instance the chemical composition of life seems to represent it physically, I would imagine this it would imply in its origin like it does with the earth for instance with an iron core and hydrogen laden oceans. Energy interacting with matter leads to various formations of such, like an isomer for instance. So it would be in this basis that the formation of life on earth possibly took.

So if you had say a region or regions of the earth that possibly had the chemical composition required, or that over time such meet during the right conditions over all for a period of time it could lead to precursors for whatever is required for life on earth to form. I think time becomes important because I am looking for a way to find some medium of energy/matter interaction that could begin to react the various elements that could be possibly involved to an original protocell for example.

My big guess is using something more basic such as the chemistry involved was just an action on processing energy, much like why we have volcanoes or get tornados. See my question is I doubt it was instantaneous in what lead to life, my big idea is that processing energy lead to a type of protocell or something really that on contact with different levels of energy in an environment could morph or retained a somewhat amorphous state. I am thinking this is mutation, I am also thinking that only QM could really work with that in context of the environment as a selective pressure, or pressures on the molecular nature of life. More so at that scale.

So basically my idea is to model a "chemical" ecology of sorts in which you reach a mutating cell that basically mutates into a fit or selected form to process energy, not at first for survival in terms common to the life sciences but something more akin into thermodynamics really. I think convergent evolution is a powerful descriptor for selection. Basically My question then becomes if you can use unitary operators to work with this as convergent evolution has a molecular basis. I don’t know if I could use plasmid behavior for this.

I also think if you could model a cell at such a level of precision, such as up to the uncertainty principal that you would not only know so much more but it would offer so many more benefits, ranging from medicine to energy production to environmental remediation. Its actually a rather large list, the stuff related to microbes that is.

Sorry foodchain, I cannot answer your question because I do not understand operators enough.

You mentioned the idea that life began instantaneously. I don't scientists who have wondered about the beginnings of life assume it occurred instantaneously. My understanding of the common hypothesis for the beginning of life was that in the oceans under very different conditions from today a multitude of organic compounds were synthesized over millions of years and then in time the right molecules got together and were capable of replication and then one could imagine through selection that they evolved.

Sorry foodchain, I cannot answer your question because I do not understand operators enough.

You mentioned the idea that life began instantaneously. I don't scientists who have wondered about the beginnings of life assume it occurred instantaneously. My understanding of the common hypothesis for the beginning of life was that in the oceans under very different conditions from today a multitude of organic compounds were synthesized over millions of years and then in time the right molecules got together and were capable of replication and then one could imagine through selection that they evolved.

I did not say that or elude to it in my post. I said I doubt life’s beginnings were instant.