a letter to neil degrasse tyson from me

widowlikcer

im a 17 year old, and a while back i wrote to neil asking if he'd look over what i was thinking about...he wrote back but i wanted to run it by you guys as well...i have no real profesional knowlege about these topics, and all these "ideas" are just things ive formulated on my own, without direct outside influence, if you guys could tell me if this stuff is worth further speculation, i would greatly apreciate it.

...keep in mind im sure this is ground already treaded on a million times but ive never heard any of this so i just wanna see if im on to something...we'll see...

from what i can remember, i was thinking about singularitys, and the fact that if they are possible and if they are at the center of every black hole, then maybe this is what created our universe. ill try and explain as quickly as possilble.

so a singularity, naturally would contain the 4 forces (weak, strong electromagnetic and gravittional) smashed into an infinitely small space. so really the "laws" we have in our universe wouldnt apply, since those forces wouldnt be separate. but what if somehow, gravity broke free of the singularity first, and since no laws would slow it down it could take up an infinite amount of space at an infinite speed. so the universe for this probably infinately short amount of time would be nothing but pure gravity. then, as the other 4 forces expanded, the laws of the universe were set and billions of years later here we are.

then i realized that all taht spare gravity, wich takes up space(non-space?) that light and everything else cant reach because of the way it came about(last paragraph) could acount for dark matter! i think i read somwere that darkmatter is one of the strongest things you guys have found, and if dark matter is my "pre-universe gravity" it would acount for the fact that you cant detect it and if the universe is expanding ever faster, it could be pulling itself towards the "pre universe gravity" (dark matter), trying to catch up with it.

then this part basically just came to me as well...as you can see theres no super scientific logic here...only things that just came to me

so the way this ties in with the origin of our universe also leads me to believe that there are multiple universes, spawned everytime there is a black hole.

ok so imagine a black hole and tons of light/matter being sucked into it. black holes mess with the light and all, alowing people outside the hole to see a whole diferent scene then whats actually happening to the guy inside it(i didnt come up with that part). so if we were two atoms and got sucked into a black hole, and my idea was true, then the light/ time we ocupied would be cut off from the rest of the (seperate) universe. the reason we would never return to our old universe, is becuase the black hole might say, speed us up by a second (just providing an example) we would now be in a diferent plane of time, our two universes running parralel but never intersecting, for obvius reasons. so were in a singularity, in a paralel universe, at the center of a black hole. then the singularity splits(i have yet to figure out how) and a new universe is born, operating on a diferent segment of time (hence i call this idea "segmented time" or "segmented universe" wichever sounds cooler) and in this way, there could be an infinite amount of universes all the time, becuase if there can be seperate segments of time and not one "time" to rule them all so to speak, there are no limits whatsoever..every new univers makes new stars that make new black holes that make new universes...this is how i think our universe came into existance.

Widowlikcer. I don’t think a singularity has a point source at it’s centre. They rotate and point sources cannot. Infinitely small I think would even stop gravity. A neutron star can have an escape velocity of 2/3 light speed and still have stable neutrons. I think maybe black holes have balls of electrons and quarks at their core. I don’t think there is anything special about singularities other than that their escape velocity is greater than light speed. Gravity is an effect of matter and like EMR is limited to light speed.

It was said decades ago that there could be microuniverses inside large enough black holes but they would have to be very massive black holes where there is sufficient room between the central mass and the event horizon. It has also been said that the universe itself might be inside a giant black hole (though there are some problems with this idea).

Dark matter is just an idea too. It has many problems associated with it which have to be answered before it can be accepted and just pointing to a tiny blob on a photo or a computer simulation and saying that is evidence of DM is not good science.

There might be other universes beyond ours but I think it would be impossible to contact them since there would be no medium between universes that would allow matter or EMR to exist.

With black holes, inside they bend space in such a way that there is no path out for light to travel. If you were an atom sucked in by a black hole, you would reach the maximum possible speed for matter (almost light speed) but that would not change time (though some claim that time is an actual dimension so there can be time dilation).

A singularity is almost ultimately stable (which is just one reason why the big bang is nonsense) so cannot split.

We still don’t know how the universe came about and all ideas are valid till proven otherwise. Yours needs a little more work on it yet, as do most ideas before they become theories.

• 2 weeks later...