Factors that affect the rate of reaction

aommaster

I was thinking about factors that affect the rate of reactions So far, i know about:

-Catalysts

-Surface area

-Concentration or pressure

-Temperature

Are there any others? Please give examples in which they occur.

Thanx alot guys!

ok, how about silver chloride, it`s pure white until it`s exposed to light, then it goes a grey/black, same with Gold Chloride, that goes a few different colors but mainly a dark purple. both of these an others are used in photographic film.

Hydrogen and Chlorine gas, mixed and left in the dark is quite safe, put it in the light and BANG!

not that I know of? the catalyst for that is usualy a peroxide, that`s not to say that there couldn`t be any light activated forms made? It`s just that I don`t know of any :)

the closest I know of is Photo Etching for circuit boards, the boards are often fiber glass with a copper foil adhesed to one or both sides.

well all those are examples of light being used as a catalyst to lower the Activation energy (I call it Trigger energy sometimes, it means the same).

as for agitation, I`m still fairly sure that falls under the surface area catagory though.