Confession of a ron paul addict

abskebabs

I must say that despite the fact I am not American and live in the UK, I have been enthralled by developments in the American presidential race, and most specifically the campaign of Ron Paul. In fact I think it has turned into an addiction as I have spent shameless hours scouring the internet, especially youtube for coverage of this candidate...

In fact part of the reason of making this thread is I fell that talking about my ailment may help me tackle this perhaps, and let me do more useful things with my spare time:embarass: ...

Has anyone else felt a fascination with this candidate, and is undergoing a similiar craze, not just in terms of how rare such a politician is, but also about how much he has educated people(I tout myself as an esample), on things that were previously pretty obscure like the details of free trade and monetary policy?

Do you think his campaign could pick up following his mediocre showing in Iowa, and his poor one in New Hampshire? Could perhaps some sort of alliance with Dennis Kucinich, if he ends up dropping out of the democratic race, and do you think this could help his race? I feel discussing this on a forum could perhaps be better than me scouring news and blog articles on the web for another 2-3 hours on this.... Whew! It feels good to let it out. I think I'm gonna go outside now to just clear my head and get some shopping done.

I look forward to your replies;)

Greetings from Minnesota!

You're not alone, my friend. I found your post as a result of a "google alert" that I've got set up for Ron Paul. I spend too many hours of the day obsessing about Ron Paul and how much better the world would be if people paid attention.

Since hearing his message, I've investigated our Federal Reserve system and it doesn't look right. I'm not finished with my learning yet, but at this point I do know that something is not right with the system... There are lots of other things that need attention as well.

There are lots of folks like you and I who have been captivated by this man and the movement. I think it's because it's so unusual to find a politician who speaks the truth. It's very refreshing. We may not win the election, but I do believe that in the long run, folks like you and I will end up waking people up and the message will continue to spread.

Oh and as for joining with Kucinech, I can' see it happening. Kuchinech is a liberal who believes in big gov't and RP believes in small gov't. Personally I don't agree with Kucinech, but I do respect him for his honesty and open-ness. They're alike in that regard.

Cheers!

Let me copy a post I made in another thread, since it is directly relevant here:

I think if I were an American, I would be voting for Ron Paul. Or a better phraseology is, I would want to vote for Ron Paul, since I would not be a registered Republican and I doubt he will gain their nomination.

This is rather surprising to me, since I would have regarded myself as more of a Democrat. I think this is mainly because I would like to see what a true libertarian can do in the White House.