Help on sulphuric acid

dom3mo

Well i think ive made it by filing a glass container 50% of the way with hrydrogen peroxide and a cap that floating on the soultion with a tissue paper wrpped around sulfur i light the tissue and close the container the gas will have to be absobred by the soultion over time. I think this is a varation on the chamber method.:eek:

waste of time, you`ll still need air to feed the flame, else it`ll suffocate and go out, you really ARE pissing in the wind trying it that way, why not do what I said further up?

make a similar piece of apparatus.

Would puttting this under a lamp work?

no real reason why not, if it warms the liquid sufficiently, it`ll work.

YT, what is a "rockwool" filter? Where can I get one?

rockwool, you can get from a fish tank shop or even use loft insulation fiberglass wool, and then push some into the cone of a normal funnel, the liquid passes through and a the particulate matter gets trapped in the fibers.

Ok I made the HS204 by heating sulphur in a flask with a tube in it that was connetced to the flask with the hrdroygen peroxide. It did produce HS204 but 25% or more is still hydrogren peroxide can I get rid of it by concentrating the acid?:confused:

Thanks YT! Do you do that to remove lead sulfate?

yup, that and any other bits of particulate matter, sometimes the lead itself comes off if the batts are really old, although it`s a good idea to Try and charge the batt up as best as you can before doing this, the Acid concentration goes up if you do :)

dom3mo, you have to actually burn the sulfur to get the SO2.

S + O2 --> SO2

SO2 + H2O2 --> H2SO4

Heating it in a flask not created SO2.

Yes, concentrating the acid will eliminate the excess peroxide.

YT, thanks for your information.

don`t aplologise for asking questions!

actually the spoon is on a stainless steel rod with the glass tube just overlapping it in the picture, in the rubber stopper are the steel rod with a spoon end, a long glass tube to deliver air and a shorter one to take out the gas, you can see the rod a little better in the 1`st pic.