Help on sulphuric acid

dom3mo

well you will need to actually Burn the sulpher, that will require an air feed to maintain the flame, the SO2 gas that Then comes off can be bubbled through the H2O2.

that will work, using your way you`d just be distilling elemental Sulpher and condensing it in H2O2.

yeah, but it`ll take a while, wait a bit.

ok, here is the basic set up that you`ll need:

combustionflask1.JPG

and this is the inside workings of the combustion flask:

conbustionflask2.JPG

you can see where the air goes in, it`s the long external silicone tube with the glass tube just above the spoon that holds the burning sulpher.

hope that helps :)

neutral is 7 yeah, 6 is acidic and the lower you go the stronger the acid.

off the top of my head I don`t know the typical PH for Sulfuric, it`ll be less than 6 though.

I gotta ask, are you messing about here or what?

No im not im trying to make nitric acid once I get this done. You proably know this already but im sorta an amteur I done stuff like make copper(II)chloride, iron(II)oxide. And I made chlorates. So im not usally working with stuff like acids .

You mean electrolyzing? (not electro zing)

You would need a copper cathode (negative pole) and platinum anode (positive pole). A graphite anode might disintegrate. If it's working, you should see O2 bubbles coming from the anode and Cu depositing on the cathode.

well I can agree on the Fun part sure, but it`s Not dangerous!

you just put on a pair of overalls and some goggles, take the battery caps off and pour it all into a plastic bowl, then pass it through a rockwool filter into a Non metal bottle and store it.

it`s not going to rip your flesh off if you get a little on you!, just make sure you secure the bottle of acid safely and correctly labeled, and then change clothes and wash your hands :)

I`ve done it a Kazillion times and also worked with Vats of near boiling sulphuric acid that go down 20 foot deep without a hand rail!

it`s not until you go up into higher percentages that it will cause problems within a minute or 2 of exposure, it`ll rip the sh!t out your clothes tho! :D