Reciprocal Pulsejet Engine

square173205

Once the pulse jet engine has been used for some aircrafts. But they were noisy and moreover consumed huge fuel. Here I propose an revised pulse jet engine, which could consume fuel much less than original one (it's still noisy, though.)

ttp://hecoaustralia.fortunecity.com/pulsejet/plje.htm

why does that just look like an ultra innefficient IC engine. i think you'd be better off using that to power a propellor rather than using any jet effect you get out of it.

Those where my thoughts, but I didn't read most of the text so thought I might have missed something

Simply I just added a compressor to original pulsejet engine.

which is driven by the gasses that would otherwise be used to generate the force normally produced by a pulse jet. so your going to have mechanical losses from there and your not going to be getting all of that energy back.

sooo... in effect, you are adding weight, complexity and mechanical losses to an already ineficient engine and expecting to get a greater performance?

"generated heavy noise and vibration"

good idea but prob would never make it past freight planes. when people pay for first class they want a quiet smooth ride :D

and just for the sake of curiosity what do you suggest "These parts must be highly heat-resisting." consist of?

i would suggest carburized steel maybe?

or maybe some carbon-carbon pistons >:D hahaha I read recently that NASA granted some California company the rights to use a space material for high performance heat resistant pistons

"generated heavy noise and vibration"

good idea but prob would never make it past freight planes. when people pay for first class they want a quiet smooth ride :D

and just for the sake of curiosity what do you suggest "These parts must be highly heat-resisting." consist of?

i would suggest carburized steel maybe?

or maybe some carbon-carbon pistons >:D hahaha I read recently that NASA granted some California company the rights to use a space material for high performance heat resistant pistons

a space material for high performance heat resistant pistons - Yeah, it's interesting, isn't it?