ESP (Enhanced Sensory Perception)

psi20

I read a book by a psychic named Beverly Jaegars about ESP, enhanced sensory perception. She said that her psychic powers and stuff were because she practiced on enhancing her 5 senses constantly. It's weird but she did things with colors to try to see if touching things could give you the sense of the color of the object. She did memory exercises and stuff. She did imaginative exercises by visualizing. But what was weird was this.

She said there were blind people who sewed. They could sense the colors with their hands. She said there were blind painters who could do the same, perhaps not with touch but with smell. You know Helen Keller? She was blind and deaf but she could tell who came into the room with their smells, or that's what I've read.

Like when you're closing your eyes and someone talks. You know who is talking. So when someone gives off body odor, you can tell who it is.

Can you or anyone you know smell people, feel colors, etc. etc. or do something weird like that?

I know that it's known as extra sensory perception. What I forgot to say was that Beverly Jaegars considers it to be enhanced sensory perception. She doesn't believe that she has an extra sense, she thinks that she has enhanced her other senses.

Yeeees. The 'extra' in 'extra sensory' means 'outside of' or 'other than' (as in the difference between intra- and extracellular), not 'another'. Being able to touch or smell colours is unlikely to be an enhancement of any existing sense.

Did you do a search for blindsight?

Did you do a search for blindsight?

I dont see how this is relavant. If one of these blindsight patients close thier eyes, they will not have the ability that they normally do to detect objects visually. Unconscious visual processing would, by deinition, not be "extra-sensory" because it is what we all normally do and is a normal part of vision. What does thier claim of not being conscious of it have to do with anything?