Bible code?

Cap'n Refsmmat

Is there a bible code?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is there a bible code?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Sort of... (explain)

Do you believe in the "Bible Code?" Supposedly, using computers, people can find predictions of the assasinations of people, wars, and such. I have seen several of these (like here )

Of course, there are skeptics. (Like this guy! ) He found things like that in Moby Dick.

What do you think?

(note: If this is in the wrong part of the forum, move it, please.)

That's what I think. Try War and Peace, there should be plenty in there.

In the bible, it appears as if Earth will be destroyed by a comet in 2012 (2010?).

No, it doesn't say that. The way that equal distant letter works is:

They scan the original Hebrew into a computer. They look for words that form every X amount of letters. So let's say that they found the word Bible using it, in every 5 letters. The passage that they found it in would have the letters B I B L E ever five letters. So it might look something like this: abcdB efghI ijklB mnopL qrstE (only instead of just letters where I used abcd... they found the word among a passage in the bible, didn't want to take the time to find a passage that works :D )

Then they put the word Bible down the side and spell out the rest of the letters like this:

abcdB

efghI

ijklB

mnopL

qrstE

(just pretend all the letters line up)

Then they look for words in the "grid" of letters, like a word search. So when they found the phrase "End of the world" (maybe they found "eath destroyed" or something like that) They found words like "comet" in the "Grid" of letters, and since hebrew letters also mean numbers they can pull the number 2010 or 2012 out of the "grid" if they want to.

I hope this explained it. :D

It's funny, but I used to believe this sort of thing until I was about 25, and that's a long time. I don't know if I became more intelligent, or I just realised that people who tell you about these strange things are only telling you half of the facts. You learn that they hide the major facts that shatter their dreams, it is too painful for them to realise that they have wasted maybe 8 years of their lives on something that turned out totally false. The problem with the bible code is that it conforms to statistical probability. It is supposed to happen! The man who discovered the codes was sceptical at first, until a great mathematician told him that the codes were way beyond probability! According to the mathematician, this was a miracle! It's a pity that the mathematician was not a great statistician. He had some flaws in his calculations, and he didn't follow the correct procedures for calculating the odds of letters falling into certain patterns.

Now...Did we land on the Moon?

Pincho.

Someone once told me the exact number of pages in the original bible (yes, the hebrew one) and i don't remember. In short - there are a LOT. And alot of words. And a lot of letters. And the code keeps changing - sometimes it's "every 6 words" sometimes it's "the second letter of every third word" bla bla bla

The options are infinite. If you want to find words in the bible by a certain CODE it's the easiest thing to do.

I have LOTS of similar words that show that the bible code is a complete hoax, but most of them are in hebrew. If you insist, I'll translate them but I don't think it's that important to the thread ;)

~moo

antimonkey: The original Torah would be not written ;)

And the written one is MUCH more than 5 pages hehe they found scrolls. The debate is when it was written. I don't know f you know but there's a REALLY strict rule that there are NO CHANGES commited to the bible other than the dots that help reading it. That's *it* - even the mistakes you can't fix.

It's one of the oldest books available. It's also true, though, that it probably wasn't written as a whole book but as a bunch of scriptures that were combined together along the times, but the "original" torah was MUCH MUCH more than 5 pages ;)

~moo

I really don't understand, but everytime I ask a question like this someone deletes it. I'm so lost, posts disapearing, the number 5 will haunt me to the end of my days. I think I'm a little slow, I'm only a teen, maybe you all are all adults with you're adult humor. But I can say whatevr I want in this post because it'll be deleted anyway :D

I guess I'll study this thread for a while so I can understand! 5?? :confused: