JAVA/PHP help! -- Changing and Adding Text inside a TextArea

mooeypoo

Hi, this is quite important to me --

I'm making a company site, and need to make some sort of administrator's console, in which - among other things - the admin adds News, users and so on.

In teh "Add News" thing, I want to make the news "HTML" based, means that if there's <b>NEWS TITLE</b> it will appear bold on the news marquee. Obviously.

the thing is that the Company's site admins (they're not really admins, they'll just use the admin CP i am making) don't ahve much of a clue in HTML, so I want to make some simple buttons like "B" and "I"... much like there are in this site (when writing a reply or a new thread) -- VERY simple one, not an entire editor, just three or four actions that they can add.

So that if they mark "NEWS TITLE BLA BLA" inside the textarea and click on "B" then inside the textarea will appear the text

<B>NEWS TITLE BLA BLA</B>

Anyone knows how I do this? I have no clue how to even start, since I'm not that good with Javascript.

If anyone knows of a good resource about changing textarea text, I'll appreciate it!!!

Thanks a lot!!

~moo

• 3 months later...
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude thanks!! I began to lose faith that anyone knows anything about this :)) thanks' date=' I'll check it out now

~moo[/quote']

No problem, I wrote it in a hurry and I made some HTML mistakes in there.. but I think you'd be able to fix those no problem...