An Easy maths quiz, just for past-time

aommaster

1. Which triangle has the greatest area? (see the attached image)

2. Arrange the numbers 1 to 9, using each one only once, placing only one number in each cell so that the totals in both directions are the same.(see the attached image)

3. A man and his wife each weigh 50kg. They have two children each weighing 25kg. The whole family to have cross a river in a rowing-boat which can only carry a maximum of 50kg. Every member of the family can row. How can they manage it?

4. Which is bigger and by how much- the sum of all the odd numbers or the sum of all the even numbers from 1 to 100?

5. I multiply a number by 4 and add 9. The result is the same as when I multiply the number by 6 and subtract 13. Find the number.

6. My sides are equal in length. My diagonals cut at right angles. I have two pairs of equal angles. What shape am I?

7. Which is bigger 78 or 87?

8. Evaluate 7 + 3 x (9 – 5) – 16 4

Have fun guys! The last 4 or five questions are simple, i just included them for some fun!

Below is the trangles for Q1

triangles.jpg

2. Opposing numbers add up to 10, 5 in the middle.

3. Children go over. One rows boat back. Parent goes over, child rows back. Children row over, one child rows back, other parent goes over, child rows back, both children go over.

4. Even, by 50 (50 odd numbers, evens are odds + 1). I think. Can't be bothered to work it out.

5. 11.

And so on (I think you missed out the power bits for 7, because which is bigger? 78 or 87 isn't much of a question)

sorry guys, for Q7 it was the power sign that i missed out!

So the question should be, which is bigger 7^8 or 8^7?

MrL_JaKiri's answer status:

1.?

2.Correct!

3.Correct!

4.Correct!

5.Correct!

6.?

7.Sorry, my mistake!

8.?

Wolfson's Answers:

1.Correct!

2.Correct!

3.Ur not specific, see Jakiri's answers

4.Wrong :(

5.Correct!

6.Wrong :( (it says: My sides are EQUAL in length)

7.Sorry, my mistake

8.I dunno where u got that answer from!!! :) Take a look at how u work it out:

Evaluate:

7+3 x (9-5)-16/4

1.Solve the brackets first to make:

7+3x(4)-16/4

2.Solve multiplication and division to make:

7+12-4

so the answer (clearly) is 15!

Yes I think rhombus is correct, i missed the bit about all equal lengths, as for sum (even and uneven) i did get 50:

50(50+1)/2 - 50(50)/2 = 50

If you use them you get 50 just calculated wrong, as for the rest you missed out symbols so i didnt know where to go, and boat crossing long whifted to explain just said take it in turn LOL.