mirror cytopathic effect?

abskebabs

Hiya. I found 2 papers talking about what I have mentioned in the title. They are accessible via the links: http://www.springerlink.com/content/h107848j00l9u6q2/

http://www.springerlink.com/content/r74733p30331785k/

As they have been fitted into the category of "experimental biology" and "experimental genetics", I figured this would be an appropriate place to post. I do not have access to the relevant journal, so I was hoping someone here would be able to have a look at this and give me their make of this.

The reason the these documents have piqued my interest is because the subject seems to be about distant inter cellular electromagnetic interactions(as a physicist, I guess that's inevitable:-)) . I'm not sure of the mechanism, but I think it could be UV radiation.

Actually I give up trying to give a layman explanation of this, I just wonder, is there a mechanism for the effect they are describing, and could someone explain to me what is being discussed, in perhaps a more elaborate way then is alluded to in the abstract? I would love to see for myself but I don't have access to this journal.

Also I guess I have to ask, has anyone heard of this before? Has any further research been done on such an effect? Is this stuff bogus??

Well you are on the right track this effect is more concerned to biophysics and electromagnetic radiations.

I think this effect is based on the notion that all the organisms (especially the plants) intercommunicate with in themselves (i.e. within cells) and with the surrounding living things by emitting biophotons (UV photons) which are stored in the DNA. In 1978 Kaznacheev, Shurin and colleagues demonstrated an experiment, they took healthy tissues and placed into two test tubes and added viruses and other toxins to one of the test tubes so that the cells die with in two days and the other was kept unaffected. These two test tubes were seperated by a thin glass or a quartz sheet. But in 76% of the experiments the cells which were unaffected also began to die when they were seperated by quartz sheet. This is called cytopathic effect. So there must be a communiction between the cells in the form of radiation.

The cells when they die they emit or give a signal to other cells and there by the other cells start mitosis to maintain the number of cells. This effect can be seen even at distant places from one plant to another plant so the name distant inter cellular electromagnetic interactions.

If this is true then this should give a strong evidence for the Gaia theory proposed by James lovelock who says all the organisms act as one single system (for mutual benefit) to maintain the conditions necessary to live on earth. Not only the environment affect the way organisms evolve even the organisms affect the environment in which they live. For example, plants take in carbon di oxide and emit oxygen and animals use oxygen and emit CO2 . So the biophotons maintain the number of plants and amimals (i.e. cells) and there by maintaining the level of CO2 and oxygen in the atmosphere.