Better Memory=Easier School Year?

Guest vuman

Guest vuman

I have read that people with better memory do better in school. Riding that thought I was just wondering if anyone has any thought as to what memory improvement course to take. I have done some research and found a couple of sites but not sure which one to take. Theres the School of Phenomenal Memory and Theres dr. brunos course. There were plenty more but I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with any of these memory improvement courses.

Thanks

There's an ebook you might be able find called How to Develop A Super-Power Memory by Harry Lorayne. It has some really god tips and makes a lot sense (explains a little bit of the science behind it). Just reading the introduction will boost your ability to remember things.

To be honest I haven't really studied everything the book recommends (like pegs. I had 1 through 75 memorized, going on to 100, but I used them far less then I thought I would. History class was lacking dates for some reason). I might get on that soon though. It's kind of funny how "instantly improve your memory" really isn't on the top of your todo list, but then again I already have a pretty good memory and do well in school ;)

You'll find the same motifs just about everywhere. Different websites/books will take slightly different approaches but the same basic techniques tend to be there. You have to be more of a visual learner for it to work through (there are auditory methods but most mnomonics are visual). I don't see the need to take a course on it though when there's plenty of free information available. Don't bother yourself with the "walk through house" or any of the advanced stuff until you get the basics down.

Btw are you in highschool or college?

Guest vuman

Yea man I will definitely check out that book. Thanks. Right now I am in college and I am really thinking that improving my memory will really help me in the upcoming school year.

I was doing a little more research on the websites and saw the Dr. Bruno website and that didn't really appeal to me very much it looked like the website hasn't been up dated in a while. The School of Phenomenal Memory though had this free manual that you could download, you just them your email address and they send it to you. The manual is really long and it talks about all kinds of memory information. I just started browsing through it and will read more of it later. If you want to read it heres the link http://www.pmemory.com/memory_book.html

Up to you if you want to read it. Thanks for info though it definitely helped.