Einstein-Rosen bridge??

I stumbled upon a couple pages about the "Einstein-Rosen bridge" While googleing Time Travel. (You know me :D )

I read what it was, but I didn't understand it completely. Something about negative square roots, Time travel, white hole, black holes, and other stuff. I would like to know what exactly it is and what everyone thinks about it.

PS: I'm not really sure what the Einstein-Rosen bridge is to I hope it's not in the wrong forum. If it is you'll forgive me right :D

Guest Camaroofdeth

In rotating black holes, this bridge can form making travel to another universe a mathematical possibility. The bridge is this Einstein-Rosen thing. I guess it could be like a wormhole. The white hole is where light from the black hole exists. I suppose that's where you would exit, assuming the black hole didn't smash you all to hell.

"einstein rosen bridge" was the name used before wormholes

was coined by Kip thorne or John wheeler.

It is the link between 2 black holes or 1 black hole 1 white hole.

BLack hole of course "sucks everything in" while the white hole

"lets everything out"

Of course 2 black holes linked would be useless but it is a solution

to the field equations.

The problem with the white hole is that (as the solutions go) if ever it existed it would produce an energy so great that it would form an energy barrier ring around the singularity/ring thus trapping the traveller inside the white hole. I won't get into the physics of the barrier. One other solution is thtat the white hole would be not be sustainable because of this barrier and would just collapse.

Either way it is all mathematical and has yet been observed of course. FUN WITH MATH. If you would like to find more about wormholes --> xxx.lanl.gov (los alamos nat'l lab) is a good source of papers. It helped me well on my paper of wormholes and time travel. And it describe a bit about negative energy.

I remember a Sci-Fi TV show envolving those things called Sliders. The idea I got was that these "holes" are pathways between different parallel universes. Like for example, you could go to another universe in which anti-biotics weren't discovered yet, like in one episode. Another episode showed them going to a universe where Einstein screwed up the theory of relativity on perpous so that the nuclear bomb wouldn't be invented. Another one had a universe where male were the suppressed gender.

I guess I went a little bit out of the topic :D