need help! ASAP!

ROSS99

i am studying vascular plants and i am having difficulty finding the answers to certain questions...can someone please help me out with the the following:

what are the special enviornmental conditions a taproot is adapted to?

where is the parenchyma, sclerenchyma, and epidermal tissue located?

thats enough for now...will probably be more to come

please help.

i don't think a taproot is specific to a certain environment, especially since they're not all the same. Plants with taproots are usually strongly anchored in the ground. Some plants store nutrients etc in taproots. Desert plants can have very long taproots in order to reach deep ground water.

The plant tissues are located throughout the whole plant, each performing certain functions. It should be easy to look them up and find a description of each one.

From wikipedia:2006-01-13, Sciencedaily: Deep-rooted Plants Have Much Greater Impact On Climate Than Experts Thought Citat: "...The tap roots transfer rainwater from the surface to reservoirs deep underground and redistribute water... increases photosynthesis and the evaporation of water... by 40 percent in the dry season... During the wet season, these plants can store as much as 10 percent of the annual precipitation as deep as 13 meters (43 feet) underground, to be tapped during the dry months... tree roots acting like pipes to allow water to shift around much faster than it could otherwise percolate through the soil."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tap_root

From this I would assume plants with taproot have been adabted to survive dry conditions.. ;)

ive tried but i havent found an answer that makes sense (question concerining the tissues)

google search for "parenchyma": first item to come up, wikipedia article on parenchyma. article links to this main article on plant ground tissues:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_tissue#Parenchyma

Like I already said, these tissues are not limited a specific place in the plant. They are throughout the plant. So if you are looking for answers that tell you exactly where the tissues are in the plant, you won't find them.

he's right your gonna need a biology book of a good diagram..

She. =)

and yes, a good biology book ought to have explanations and diagrams. Though if you take the time to look you can find diagrams online as well.