Sulphur

kitkitkit

you can`t MAKE sulpher, it`s an element.

but if you goto a garden supplier you`ll be able to buy it in powder form in little plastic bottles that you spray on plants to combat certain pests and diseases, it doesn`t cost alot either :)

YT2095 said in post # :

because it wouldn`t be MAKING sulpher would it, it`s EXTRACTING existing sulpher, and that`s not what he asked :)

Yes it would be, by the definition of 'make', which includes

'To change from one form or function to another:'

'To achieve, produce, or attain:'

'To bring into existence by shaping, modifying, or putting together material;'

YT2095 said in post # :

oic, so this was all a semantics game on your part, well whatever, you may play with yourself now, it`s not a game I`m interested in.

I think you'll find that you were the one who brought semantics into it.

'You used the wrong word!'

'No he didn't'

'I don't like this argument'

In addition and BACK ON TOPIC, you may also buy sulpher Chips they`re used for long term soil PH regulation. you`ll find these at agricultural shops/warehouses.

I will point out however, from reading all your other posts and threads, I assume you wish to use this sulpher for pyrotechnic reasons, the PH of sulpher is NOT neutral over time, it will make acids, and these acids can make your end product VERY unstable!

especialy with chlorates, in fact NEVER mix elemental sulpher with a Chlorate or perchlorate, it can deflagrate at ANY TIME! without warning!.

I assume you`re thinking of making ordinary BP, or green meal. stick to Nitrates with sulpher only! you`ll be quite safe then :)

ROFLOL,

I somehow KNEW the saltpeter question was coming next :)))))

[edit]

you`ll not be able to buy saltpter directly unless you`re licensed.

you CAN however buy Nitro chalk or Nitrate of Soda :)

from the same places you`de get your sulpher from.

word of advice, do NOT buy them on the same day and always use Cash!

you`ll have the law thinking yer a stooopid terrorist rather that a curious teeny bomber :)

if/when you get any of the stuff I just mentioned, I`ll walk you through the conversion process to make Saltpeter (potassium nitrate).

how`s that sound for a deal? :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

you`ll find the white stuff is largely composed of calcium salts, with a percentage of sodium nitrate (chile saltpeter). you`ll need quite alot of it though! :)

as for the "Bang" well ordinary gunpowder properly made will not actualy go "bang" unless confined, then it will create what`s called a "Mechanical Explosion", the Home Made variety (green meal) is even less likely to, although it`s great for making small rocket engines with :)

• 4 months later...

nitric anhydride is NO2. when you hydrate it (add it to water) you get HNO3 (nitric acid). NO2 is quite nasty stuff; it will kill you easily if you inhale considering there's plenty of H2O in you to have turn acidic. of course, if you do a reaction carefully, you can oxidize NH3, collect the gas then add that to the solution to get your nitrate salt.

eh, tnt is sketchy. picric acid would be a bit more sensible considering it's hard to add that methyl group and replace the OOH. lsd is quite complicated also.

also, i'd like to add that just about any experiment you do at home is illegal. notice how so many products say "using this product in any way other than its intended use is illegal"?

can u buy sulpher in a power form is it that what the blocks are.

:)

the "blocks" I`de have to see to let you know either way.

as for powder form, Sure you can, all day long :)

it`s used to dust Onions for over-wintering, you`ll get it from most kitchen garden or agricultural shops, and you can also get the sulpher chips as a soil PH adjuster from same shops :)

eh' date=' tnt is sketchy. picric acid would be a bit more sensible considering it's hard to add that methyl group and replace the OOH. lsd is quite complicated also.

also, i'd like to add that just about any experiment you do at home is illegal. notice how so many products say "using this product in any way other than its intended use is illegal"?[/quote']

LOL, where did TNT or TNP come into it? are ya sure ya have the right forum? :))