Jump to content


Recommended Posts

hi i am an a level physics student currently planning a practical experiment to measure the thickness of aluminium sheets. can somebody please give me a name of a specific beta receiver model to use in my coursework. you would be helping a lot thanks.:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why don't you try a one by yourself?


An adequate weak light in the background and a perfect camera will allow you to detect the electrons (Betas). This is useful for spread penetration. Whereas for angle-incident ones, you just need to know the intensity; a metal and Ammeter in the way will detect the current (Intensity).


Many Thanks for the feedback if available.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.