A word about the word 'spamming'?

KaiduOrkhon

Will Someone Please Explain to me What is and is not Spamming?

48 years ago I wrote a book. Since then I've written, published, distributed and sold out ten small press editions of that book - about gravity. It is long ago sold out and no longer for sale. I have posted a condensation of the book at http://forums.delphiforums.com/EinsteinGroupie.

Problem: For example. Recently someone asked me 'WTF is gravity'? That is an excellent and enormous question.

The book at issue here is an answer to that question. The question cannot be answered in three or four sentences, paragraphs or pages. It requires a (condensed) book length discussion to properly respond to the question.

Problem. About half the time I respond to such questions by providing the URL, a moderator - or someone - will proclaim that I am 'spamming'.

This eight chapter book and a lot of other information (at http://forums.delphiforums.com/kaiduorkhon) is not being sold over the net, it is being offered as a public service, without any cost or gimmicks for the education and recreation of the interested reader.

Question: When non-commercial - interesting, educational and recreational information is freely offered and made accessible on the net, is it to be categorized and discriminated against, the same as someone who is using the net for commercial purposes?

Sometimes the moderators say nothing about the above described communications and sometimes the moderators, administrators and even the non indoctrinated readers call it 'spam'. Ongoing dialogue has been 'locked', and, I have been extemporaneously banned for this on many science forums.

I have learned through experience that nearly every time this happens it is presumed that something is being sold or otherwise financially profited from, whereas, what it is, is a free book. Offered to the public, which may or not read it and draw their own conclusions. I learn much from my readers when they respond to my work, pro or con.

The condensed rendition is already adequately descriptive and self redeeming but due to the fact that the reading public occasionally tells me what they think of it and how to make it better, improvements are made.

It is a work in progress. It will always be made available to the public at no cost whatsoever. Posted on the net at the above URL.

QUESTION: Is This Spamming? Giving away free, vital, non commercial information. Isn't that one of the reasons for being of the internet? And, if the described activity is 'spamming' why is it categorized as such right along with the entrepeneurs who would use the net to their financial advantage? (My hard cover books are all sold out and no longer for sale.)

Thank you for reading this missive. RSVP. K. B. Robertson

(Gravity Is The SpaceTime 4th Dimension.)