Disgust is good for you!

seeing bad wounds etc... also tends to RIP us away from our self image as a whole entity and slap us with the "Reality stick" saying that yes indeed we ARE mortal! and we can be broken or destroyed, no one likes that idea!

• 2 months later...

ok so since no one likes the idea, then how do explain the giant industry of shock video and websites. i am sure everyone has heard of the series traces of death and has seen the rotten.com webstie. actually, i would have to say it seems to be simply a matter of the individuals background, though that can only be a partial explaination of the feelings evoked by the viewing of such gore. what makes people not entirely predictable is that anomaly... choice, and its choice that makes anyones argument over why we do things obsolete, dontcha think? BUT i am a proponent of evolutionary instincts, of which choice is not a part, and so i would like to commend cheetah on the noteworthy observation:) but who am i to be commending people anyway?

yeah perfectly true

i recently heard about a group that proved that we hate certain colors and certain things of particular consistencies(eg mucus,slimy fluids etc).proabaly this is a bodys mechanism to resist harbouring the parasites that want a free meal....