Intelligent thinking has shaped the universe?

-Demosthenes-

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares? If the things we are studying are defined and controlled by the laws of physics that exist in this universe, then it doesn't matter what was here before it.

I want to know about the reasoning for humans being the only logical intelligent form, because it sounds like it could be interesting.

If there's a higher power floating about, you don't really have "nothing". But assuming we aren't counting the higher power as "something", we're still left with the question of 'where did it come from?'

(Hence the whole "let's work with what we've got" approach that deals only with the observable, testable universe around us).

Second are the hands. I do belveve in small evolution, just not goo to people. When humans could use their hands they could use the environment better. The once who were the smartest, that could use their hands the best) would live and reprodece until we were smarter as a race. But the same race.

I think that only mammals with two arms that can manipulate the environment can have inteligence

There's no evidence for a higher power to start with, so it's a little pointless us speculating on how such an entity might come about.

We don't even know what physical rules - if any - existed before the universe, and if we did it's unlikely they still apply. So pre-universe stuff is probably going to be of no help to your theory.

Considering the number of mammalian species that have hands, and their heritage, it's unlikely to be the only factor.

A question: Since your theory requires hands in order for a mammal species to achieve our level of sophistication, would that mean dolphins have reached an upper limit of intelligence for their species?

No other animal completely uses their hands for what we do. They walk and climb with them. It made us slower, so inteligence compensated. Also the higher need for balance, only having two legs, would produce some brain enhancment of some kind. I still stick by that having hands to manipulate the environment made us smarter.

Dolphins--they don't need to be smarter, I think it more likely that they would evolve speed or stregnth, because they don't need intelligence.

No other animal completely uses their hands for what we do because they are not adapted to do what we do. Your proposition was that "When humans could use their hands they could use the environment better", as an explanation of why human-like animals would be the only intelligent ones.

So if this is true, and hands play such an important role, why are other primates not as intelligent as humans?

That's the major obstacle your theory needs to get around.

We would die. Most other animals are stronger and faster than us. Most carniviors would rip us apart if we were only as smart as they were. So only the smart ones could survive. We are so phisically weak that we need intellingence. But this all contradicts the existence of a soul, because it means that we only got smart, that we are just a smart animal. So I don't know if I belive this idea.