Gluons and gravity, any possible connection?

foodchain

no, not really. gluons are responsible for the strong nuclear force. this force only acts over a tiny distance.

It aslo behaves in a different way, it gets stronger the further you pull two quarks apart until it gets to its limit (defined by the mean lifetime of gluons) and then suddenly dissappears.

its some complicated stuff and i don't fully understand some of the intricaces involved.

no, not really. gluons are responsible for the strong nuclear force. this force only acts over a tiny distance.

It aslo behaves in a different way, it gets stronger the further you pull two quarks apart until it gets to its limit (defined by the mean lifetime of gluons) and then suddenly dissappears.

its some complicated stuff and i don't fully understand some of the intricaces involved.

Yes gravity like light is to have an infinite range I think while gluons don’t. My idea, purely speculative is that going from a wave standpoint that maybe at the level of the gluon such interacts with dark matter, or subatomic particles and thusly propagating from a source. Thusly more gluons more gravity overall, though such hardly takes into account many other things that operate with gravity in the equation I guess. I would like to see what happens though, if possible when many gluons all at once disappear or an entanglement issue, maybe you might get a gravity wave or something? Its all science fiction anyways, my questions that is and thanks for the reply:D

The answer is YES. Look up the AdS-CFT correspondence.

That’s really neat but far more complex then what I was thinking about. So far my ability to conceptualize physics is particles with energy working in them basically. My guess was that glueballs and gluons along with energy levels might simply relate to gravity, as they sort of bind stuff together, that and we cant get so tiny as to directly see what all this effect might lead to. Then again I am ignorant of so much in physics my threads are usually as much to learn about stuff as they are to ask a question. Being gravity does not seem to be simply present at any particular place in space as much as it is present on say the earth for instance. I still would like to see what a mass simultaneous ending of gluon existence in matter would lead to, it might tie into a Bose-Einstein condensate at some level, though such is all in my head purely, and speculative of course.

I don't know what you are asking here.

What is true, is that gravity can be viewed as "two copies" of a standard gauge theory. This deep fact allows one to relate caluclations in gravity and gauge theory.

You should look up things like MHV amplitudes and the Kawai, Lewellen, and Tye relations. These things relate tree-level amplitudes in gravity and gauge theory. It has also been shown how to go further that tree-level. Thsi stuff is not very familiar to me, so you will have to do your own research here.

I don't know what you are asking here.

What is true, is that gravity can be viewed as "two copies" of a standard gauge theory. This deep fact allows one to relate caluclations in gravity and gauge theory.

You should look up things like MHV amplitudes and the Kawai, Lewellen, and Tye relations. These things relate tree-level amplitudes in gravity and gauge theory. It has also been shown how to go further that tree-level. Thsi stuff is not very familiar to me, so you will have to do your own research here.

"Unusual characteristics

Further experimentation by the JILA team in 2000 uncovered a hitherto unknown property of Bose–Einstein condensate. Cornell, Wieman, and their coworkers originally used rubidium-87, an isotope whose atoms naturally repel each other making a more stable condensate. The JILA team instrumentation now had better control over the condensate so experimentation was made on naturally attracting atoms of another rubidium isotope, rubidium-85 (having negative atom-atom scattering length). Through a process called Feshbach resonance involving a sweep of the magnetic field causing spin flip collisions, the JILA researchers lowered the characteristic, discrete energies at which the rubidium atoms bond into molecules making their Rb-85 atoms repulsive and creating a stable condensate. The reversible flip from attraction to repulsion stems from quantum interference among condensate atoms which behave as waves.

When the scientists raised the magnetic field strength still further, the condensate suddenly reverted back to attraction, imploded and shrank beyond detection, and then exploded, blowing off about two-thirds of its 10,000 or so atoms. About half of the atoms in the condensate seemed to have disappeared from the experiment altogether, not being seen either in the cold remnant or the expanding gas cloud. Carl Wieman explained that under current atomic theory this characteristic of Bose–Einstein condensate could not be explained because the energy state of an atom near absolute zero should not be enough to cause an implosion; however, subsequent mean-field theories have been proposed to explain it.

Due to the fact that supernova explosions are implosions, the explosion of a collapsing Bose–Einstein condensate was named "bosenova."

The atoms that seem to have disappeared are almost certainly still around in some form, just not in a form that could be detected in that current experiment. Two likely possibilities are that they have formed into molecules consisting of two bonded rubidium atoms, or they received enough energy from somewhere to fly away fast enough that they are out of the observation region before being observed."

From a wiki link on BEC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bose-Einstein_condensate

"The strong interaction, one of the four fundamental forces, is a force that acts between particles in the nucleus of an atom. It is what holds the nucleus together. Under the new QCD (Quantum Chromodynamics Theory), the strong force is carried by a particle called the gluon. The strong force is about 1.6666 x 1038 times the force of gravity and has a range of 1 x 10-15 metres. There are two types of strong force: residual and fundamental."

Also from wiki.

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_interaction

From what I understand, a point in space empty of matter will not have any gravity, though I could be wrong and we really cant test by removing say Jupiter and then seeing what occurs to the solar system, though not sure on that one, matter having to be around to have gravity that is. For the experiments with BEC to have such results, I would think that the nuclear binding forces of gluons would have had to fail, maybe simply dissipate, or simply not hold enough energy to bind the atom. So this leads me to think what concentrations of gluons hold in regards to impact or interaction with gravity.

Thank you for the places to go and read up on though, and I will say it again I am not to educated in physics and this is purely speculation.