Reaction Mechanism - Sodium Thiosulphate + HCl

Sav

Does anyone know the full reaction mechanism for this reaction? Apparently the order of reaction with respect to HCl is 0 bu i got it different in experiment. If i understand the full reaction mechanism it may help me to interpret my results. This is for A level Chem coursework

Thanks.

so I imagine the sodium and thiosulphate dissociate. as well as the HCl. you will probably have some salt (NaCl) and protonated thiosulphate. so H2S203 I am unsure, perhaps more in the explanation of how the lab went. if it was just about varying concentrations, temperatures and catalysts and measuring differences in reaction rates then it looks like you might very well have a zero order HCl It's not impossible.

• 4 months later...
Does anyone know the full reaction mechanism for this reaction? Apparently the order of reaction with respect to HCl is 0 bu i got it different in experiment. If i understand the full reaction mechanism it may help me to interpret my results. This is for A level Chem coursework

Thanks.

a copy of the topic