god @#$% mother $%#@^&$ microsoft

Callipygous

when you have a folder full of songs or videos microsoft has taken it upon itself to change your sorting options to those it has deemed relevent to music and videos (year, artist, title, etc.)

i absolutely hate that because i want my list sorted by when it was modified. i cant for the life of me find a way to get the old sorting options to come back. ive tried changing the customization properties to a document folder.

when you have a folder full of songs or videos microsoft has taken it upon itself to change your sorting options to those it has deemed relevent to music and videos (year, artist, title, etc.)

i absolutely hate that because i want my list sorted by when it was modified. i cant for the life of me find a way to get the old sorting options to come back. ive tried changing the customization properties to a document folder.

Which OS are you running? I have WinXP Home, and I don't have that problem. My music is sorted alphabetically by file name, which is what I told it to do. Just right click on windows explorer window, select "arrange icons by -> modified."

Okay when in details view when it sorts it my "artist, year, album, etc..."

You rightclick on the tab (where it says artist, year etc...) and a menu will pop up allowing you to select which options to include in sorting. There is quite a large selection of them, with two of them being date modified, and date created.

It seemed like a pretty obvious way to set it up for me...

Okay when in details view when it sorts it my "artist, year, album, etc..."

You rightclick on the tab (where it says artist, year etc...) and a menu will pop up allowing you to select which options to include in sorting. There is quite a large selection of them, with two of them being date modified, and date created.

It seemed like a pretty obvious way to set it up for me...

i never knew you could add tabs, thanks : D

ive always done it by rightclicking in the folder> arrange icons by> and in my music folders it always took away the one i wanted.

Yep, I think windows assigns certain folders as media folders depending on what it finds in them. You can always change it back by messing with the tabs. However it doesn't always seem to do this. Which confuses me. Maybe it only does this to folders within "My documents"?

the folder in question is in d:\entertainment\music

so there goes that idea : P

i have a video folder too, it still has the original sorting options.

with the folder in question i tried customizing it as a document folder, i tried adding a video file, i tried adding a text file, nothing convinced windows that no, i really didnt want my options changed.