Effect of illness on perception of visible spectrum

Bluenoise

Ok first I want to pose a general question, and then following that if necessay I'll go into some detail about what caused me to come to this conclusion. (i'm a bit stretch for time at the moment)

Okay it is known that the general person can see light with a wavelength between 400-700nm. Now somepeople can see down to 380nm.

Now I wondering if illness (say cold/flue) could lessen this ability? I've heard that this effect exists on sound, so it is not a far shot. I'm assuming it narrows the range of frequences that are communicated form sensory organs to the brain.

So is it possible that someone could see light of say 380nm when healthy, but when ill would have their range reduced to say higher than 400nm?

it certainly Sounds plausible! :)

in fact it`s known that Light of certain frequencies can heal/fix certain illnesses, so there may even be the Other end of the effect where accuity for certain frequencies is greater also.

it`s been found that although children hear higher frequencies than grown adults, Asthmatic children can hear even Higher frequencies.

so yes, I wouldn`t be surprised if such a thing turned out to be Factual for many cases :)

in fact it`s known that Light of certain frequencies can heal/fix certain illnesses

Aside from chemotherapy and UVB for rickets?

it`s been found that although children hear higher frequencies than grown adults, Asthmatic children can hear even Higher frequencies.

This is actually juse due to bone growth. As kids grow up, their ear bones become larger,and transmit lower-frequencies. We can actually figure out a rough idea of the hearing range of extinct species based on their ear bones.

No idea why that's the case of asthmatics, though.

I've heard that this effect exists on sound, so it is not a far shot. I'm assuming it narrows the range of frequences that are communicated form sensory organs to the brain.

More likely it's due to mucus clogging various ear tubes or infection-induced alterations in the viscosity of the cochlear fluid.

Okay it is known that the general person can see light with a wavelength between 400-700nm. Now somepeople can see down to 380nm.

Now I wondering if illness (say cold/flue) could lessen this ability?

Extremely unlikely, with the exception of vitamin A deficiency (the precursor to retinol).

Basically, photo-sensitive cells have a chemical, retinol, which reacts when hit with a photon. The protiens holding retinol are what determines the frequency it responds to, along with colored oil droplets in the cells of some animal eyes. If an infection affected any of these, you'd be dead long before you saw the difference.

Mokele