For those that doubt the wisdom of a citizens right to bear arms

mr d

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my two bits,

If guns are outlawed, (like the bumper sticked says) only outlaws will have them. If you make it harder for ordinary people to legally get guns, how are you planning on making it harder for criminals to get guns? Sure, you can have the ordinary "Joe" jump through tremendous hoops to prove he is competent enough to own a gun. But what is the point when a criminally minded person can go down and get one off of the street corner. As much as one would like to think other wise, gun running is just as big or even bigger today than it was 20+ years ago. It rivals drug running. Sure, you could make it so I have to pass multiple tests, pay hundreds of dollars for a lisence, etc. etc. etc. Going along with the driver's license, we still have people driving around without a driver's license. I believe that stricter gun rules will keep more guns out of the more responsible person's hands, leaving more guns in the criminally minded person's hands.