The Big Lie

SmallIsPower

There is at least one difference between politics and science. The Laws of Nature aren't capricious (at least I hope not) Gravity has nothing to gain by making things fall up. Politicans generals do, and can fudge the numbers. Thomas Jefferson said the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. I've recieved some censure for saying some things were fudged: inflation, facts on 9/11 (although I doubt many of you believe that Bush didn't lie about Iraqi WMDs),previous election results. Despite what you may think, it's not true that I never saw a conspiracy I didn't like: I THOUGHT this election would be stolen, but based on the little time I've had to look, there is not enough evidence, I'll leave that to http://www.blackboxvoting.org to sort it out, maybe we'll talk in a couple of months.

I hope that you'll look at everything from a skeptical viewpoint, including what the President does, to be elected President, you have to be born in this country, and be 35 years old, that includes a wide swath of people, probably including Martin Luthur King and Charlie Manson. When you are you are you sorround yourself with like minded people, especially if you're a sociopath.

Recently, several powerful people have been shown to be exactly the opposite of who they've claimed to be: Mark Foley, Ted Haggard, head of 30,000,000 member antigay evangelical church was outted by his gay prostitute and meth supplier, Rush and his oxycontins, and in the fifties, Ray Cohn, assistant to Demagauge Joseph McCarthy, turned out to be a flaming gay, but these people are just a pale imitation of a true expert on lies: Adolph Hitler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Lie

All this was inspired by the principle - which is quite true in itself - that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying. These people know only too well how to use falsehood for the basest purposes. ...

He wrote this in 1925, of people from his past, and it helped him become the most powerful person in the world.

I, myself, became aware of this possibility only 3 1/2 years ago, so I'm not perfect act seperating wheat from chaff. All I'm saying is always consider the possibly that someone is telling you a real whopper.

There's an amazing contradiction in the OP:

I've recieved some censure for saying some things were fudged: inflation, facts on 9/11 (although I doubt many of you believe that Bush didn't lie about Iraqi WMDs),previous election results. Despite what you may think, it's not true that I never saw a conspiracy I didn't like: I THOUGHT this election would be stolen, but based on the little time I've had to look, there is not enough evidence, I'll leave that to http://www.blackboxvoting.org to sort it out, maybe we'll talk in a couple of months.

Followed by:

I hope that you'll look at everything from a skeptical viewpoint

That's what irks me the most about conspiracy theories -- when they accept unsupportable allegations as facts and then have the unmittigated gall to demand that other people are not being skeptical enough! And I use the word "irks" because professionalism prevents me from typing in the words I'd really like to use.

When it comes to politics, one thing I've learned is that what I believe is utterly irrelevent. What matters is what I can hear, see, and/or link. You wanna believe whatever you want? More power to ya. Just don't expect me to go along on your little ride just because you WANT me to.