Chemical Ozone synth?

YT2095

I need some help here, someone that`s capable of reproducing a chem synth and hopefully can confirm results.

as far as I can tell the quantities aren`t Exactly critical, but roughly..

1 part KClO3

1 part water

1 part Cu(NO3)2

1 part H2SO4 (I used 50% conc)

add these into a flask in the order that I presented them, and at room temp, mixing at each stage.

there will be no Apparent! gas evolved, then temp can be taken to 40c also when it`s all mixed.

there will be a Very Distinct Ozone smell, and the "Ozone headache" at greater concentrations.

can anyone replicate this for me please, I need to confirm it.

Cheerz ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey, are you trying to synthesize the molecules in the ozone layer? that's great.. i was planning a project like this for a science fair. but unfortunately it was kind a hard for me so i switch to biodiesel instead. but for your question.. i'll try to investigate. you did not mention any violent reactions in the flask so i take it as "safe." but for the ozone headache.. i'll take note of it. i'll be careful.

I need some help here, someone that`s capable of reproducing a chem synth and hopefully can confirm results.

as far as I can tell the quantities aren`t Exactly critical, but roughly..

1 part KClO3

1 part water

1 part Cu(NO3)2

1 part H2SO4 (I used 50% conc)

add these into a flask in the order that I presented them, and at room temp, mixing at each stage.

there will be no Apparent! gas evolved, then temp can be taken to 40c also when it`s all mixed.

there will be a Very Distinct Ozone smell, and the "Ozone headache" at greater concentrations.

can anyone replicate this for me please, I need to confirm it.

Cheerz ;)

I will take you up on this. I'm waiting for a few things to arrive and then I will share with you my results.

Joe