NY Times does not endorse single Republican for first time ever

Sisyphus

Can you judge them in relation to a paper with similar circulation which lacks "insular stupidity" and has "objectivity in news reporting"?

You're not actually making two wrongs a right, are you? :)

While the New York Post certainly has nowhere near their circulation, it certainly trumps them on "insular stupidity" and a lack of "objectivity in news reporting", but then again like Fox News it serves as a mouthpiece for Rupert Murdoch.

No question about it. CNN also has to be placed in the partisan category these days as well, especially in the wake of its recent "Broken Government" series.

Regardless, you certainly have disdain for the Gray Lady, Pangloss. What would you suggest as an alternative? (Disclaimer: I hate all newspapers. The Internet is the future. Newsprint is dead to me)

Just because a source is biased doesn't mean it's not authoritative and informative. The Times, the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal are all biased, and they are also the three primary sources for virtually all news reporting in the United States. Every newsroom in the country wakes up in the morning and checks those three papers to see what THEY should be reporting today. Such is the way of modern news.

I don't think it's a matter of which opponent is best; rather I think it's based on party. Call the Times partisan if you want, but I'd call them sane as well and justly partisan in this case.

(ideological explanation here)

Just as many intelligent conservatives feel that the New York Post and Wall Street Journal and Washington Times are "sane as well as justly partisan". (shrug)

The bottom line: being a "nonpartisan" and "moderate" is not to be confused as always being "rational," "fair," "intellectual," or "reasonable."

Of course. From your perspective, when they're matching your ideological worldview they're being "rational," "fair," "intellectual," and "reasonable." When they aren't, then they aren't.

Perfectly understandable that you feel that way.