An eternal thought

aman

Since we can record brain activity with EEG and some day hope to interpret thoughts by specific patterns then it seems there is an external effect to thought electrically. All EM effects should be eternal since they are broadcast into space at light speed.

Shouldn't some kind of encrypted form of every thought then be broadcast into space?

Just aman

During specific time periods I would imagine a cumulative effect of thoughts during stressful episodes may have been broadcast in bulk into space. The Holocaust, Cambodia Killing Fields. Some nasty stuff was probably sent up that was pretty intense.

What I'm getting at is that I saw some experiments on PBS that showed even yeast generate these effects when feeding but what was interesting was totally isolated yeast knew the others were feeding by somehow sensing these EM changes at a distance.

Do you think a remote EEG could be developed to look down on houses from above and see if somebody was inside thinking or the house was empty?

Just aman

well, an EEG works on specfic principals, electrodes are placed at specific points on the head (22 electrodes usualy for a full test) then a gell is applied to conduct the micro volts a little better to the small gold contacts. these minute electrical signals are then amplified to a usable level, the specific filters are employed to block "noise" either from electrical appliances or adjacent nerve stimuli. these then are buffered and sent as current signals to a "pen" that scribes along a peice of paper at predetermined rate of roll, these pens plot amplitude of signal.

now then, taking all that into account, I seriously cannot envisage something like that being done over vast distances, and even if were to be possible, the best anyone would get would be a long sheet of paper with wiggley lines on it :)

the EGG idea (though interesting) seems somewhat implausable, you`de have to hook then up to something that transmits these signals, and by doing so, you`de know by default they were in the house or not :)

• 1 month later...

Continuing that frightening idea -

Could EEG signals be detected (not interpreted - just detected) by a closer object - like a television set or something of this sort?

Well, YOU were the ones who started with the conspiracy theories, and now you scared me and made me go into it too, so just answer and shuddup! :P

err... or... well just answer hehe ;)

~moo