Equiping myself for hockey

blackhole123

A group of friends and I have decided to rent out an ice rink for a few hours each week this winter. I used to play hockey when i was very little so I know that it can be very expensive to get equipment

My question is, does anyone know about how much it is to get all the equipment I need. I want to get used stuff to cut down the price and I have no clue how much used equipment is. I dont have anything at the moment, I have to buy skates, a stick, pretty much everything I need I would have to buy.

If someone knows how much it would be and could give me a ballpark figure on how much it might be it would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

If you can find a good used hockey store the price shouldn't be that bad. I play goalie, but I have a general sense of how much the other equipment costs.

Pretty good used stick: $20

Good used skates: ~$50

Shin guards: ~$20 (You can get good new stuff for around $30)

Elbow pads: $10-$15

Pants: $40

Shoulder Pads: $40

Helmet: $40

Great Hockey for Years: Priceless (Sorry, couldn't resist)

*If you want to play goalie it's going to get a lot more expensive

I hope my estimates are correct, I saw that your from NY state-same as me, you shouldn't have a problem finding a used hockey store. If you guys aren't going to play contact hockey you might be able to get pants and shoulder pads that aren't as heavily padded (cheaper) since you only need protection from the ice. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Just out of curiosity, what part of NY are you from?