2.4 Ghz Wireless Mouse or Normal ?

qwerty123

Hello,

I have been looking into both 2.4Ghz mice and normal standard wireless mice. I am not really sure on what the advantages are for each one. I know that 2.4Ghz is more expensive than normal ? But what are the advantages ? Is it true that they work from a further distance than normal wireless mice ?

Anyone got any advice ?

unless your a game[/b'] or a digital artist
Right, I'll go buy a wireless mouse for my Halo CD ;)!

Wireless mice have the advantage of being wireless. If this is useful for you then you'd know it. I can move my mouse/keyboard off my desk to make more room. I can scrolls down a page from across the room or whilst stretching with the mouse in my hand. Plus it's so much nicer than having a cable stretching across the desk and pulling against the mouse each time you move it long distances.

Many mouses come with a charger base. So you just leave the mouse on the base over-night and it's fine. You might want to check out the power situation, before you buy. If it takes batteries then the mouse does go through them. Although each set of 2 AA batteries should last a few months each.

Is your "normal" mouse a laser one? Or a tracker ball?

The laser ones are more accurate and you don't need to worry about the ball becoming sticky/dirty.