OS compatability

ecoli

Look online for a Windows ME driver. If you can find one then it should work.

It doesn't have one on the company's website. Should I keep looking or just assume that it doesn't exist?

Sometimes people write their own drivers for hardware, as is the case for the majority of Linux/FreeBSD/Non-Windows/Mac drivers.

This normally depends on whether the company releases some sort of special documentation for it. Some hardware is "clossed" and other is "open." Clossed hardware drivers can still be written through trial and error but they dont always work the best.

I'm not sure if any average joe can write a driver for Windows, given the OS's clossed nature, but I could be wrong. If you didn't find one with google then chances are it wont run on Windows ME.

I'm not sure if any average joe can write a driver for Windows, given the OS's clossed nature, but I could be wrong. If you didn't find one with google then chances are it wont run on Windows ME.

Yeah, probably not. And in any case, I'm sure this company isn't going to release the documentation anyway.

I really should of looked into this before I bought the PC card. But, idiot that I am, I figured that something that listed Windows 2000 as the minimum requirement could also run on ME.

Hopefully the company can send me a product that's formatted for ME... we shall see.