will we multitask

hello

people say how we multitask, doing many thing at the sametime. as such will the brain begin redesigning itself for true multi -tasking.

ex: driving and talking on the phone. though it would be considered multi-tasking. the mind is actually switching back and forth between task, with traject results if switching occurs ar the wrong moment.

but if humans keep on doing such activities will the mind actually redesign itself so seperate portions could handle activities on their own.

mr d

I would suppose so. For example, driving a car is -under normal conditions and with normal speed- nothing I really do counciously. Same with writing: I don´t think "now move your hand vertically and then horizontally to write a T", I rather think about the whole sentence I want to write and the words somehow appear on the paper. In neither case I have the feeling that my mind is switching back and forth between different tasks.

If technology, and business persists to be an important part of our society then it might become a part of our evolution. Multitasking and things that are neccissary in modern jobs and technology use might be selected for, better multitaskers will be more likly to be employed and therefore able to support a family, thus passing on their genes.

And heres a Dilbert comic on this subject. Just because its funny.

dilbert2006070149562.jpg