Half - Reaction Question

Isomer

A sample of Na2S2O3 (aq) is titrated with acidified KMnO4 (aq) to a pink endpoint. One product of this redox reaction is SO4 2- (aq).

A product of the reduction half-reaction is

a. H +

b. Mn 2+

c. SO4 2-

d. S2O3 2-

Please note that the numbers behind the letters are supposed to be subscript.

I have no idea where to start. I know I should write some sort of half reaction, but with the info given, I don't know what the products would be!!!!

A sample of Na2S2O3 (aq) is titrated with acidified KMnO4 (aq) to a pink endpoint. One product of this redox reaction is SO4 2- (aq).

A product of the reduction half-reaction is

a. H +

b. Mn 2+

c. SO4 2-

d. S2O3 2-

Please note that the numbers behind the letters are supposed to be subscript.

I have no idea where to start. I know I should write some sort of half reaction' date=' but with the info given, I don't know what the products would be!!!![/quote']

yeah..you've been given the starting products, and you've been given an end product..now...write it out!!! complete with charges. See what you have on the "product" side and see what's missing on the other side. Its like algebra sort of. you know you have SO4 2- on the other side..whats missing?

(something is off..check answer C its your given...I dont think that belongs) Have you accounted for all your S, how about your O, how about your Mn?

Hmm..how about that H?

I've given you clues..now go figure it out.