BBC News Chimes in on US Immigration (Gee, Thanks...?)

Pangloss

It didn't seem we ever got a satisfactory answer as to what the Brits are doing to control their own borders. I received an emails with a bunch of Arabic protesters carrying outrageous signs ("slay those who insult islam;" "Europe is the Cancer; Islam is the Answer;" "Islam will Dominate the World.").

My first reaction was assume that this was a put up job' date=' so I went to snopes who actually validated the photos.

This has me wondering if Britain borders might be as out of control as our own.

What are we doing? Sweet F.A. Except to make them legal by hook or crook so that they don't show up on official statistics as illegals.

Why? You would be bored to tears before I listed 25% of them. But how about these:

1. Once they are in, and in the system even with forged papers, they contribute to the tax take and have votes. What politician is going to chuck away votes and revenue?

2. Bleeding heart Liberals. (You might call them left wing democrats) whose kneejerk reaction is to scream "abuse of human rights" and demand loads of public money to defend illegal actions because the perpetrators are poor, misunderstood, and sweet innocent victims of broken homes, vicious regimes and economic deprivation. They call themselves civil rights activists. The fact they make a nice living out of it is purely accidental.

3. The Treaty of Rome, aka, Common Market, aka European Union. Formed with good intentions to lock Germany and France into economic handcuffs to prevent another war. Now a bureaucratic beanfeast with Napoleonic delusions of grandeur. It is now so big and unwieldy with holes in its borders that make your Mexican border look like the Berlin wall.

So you have heard nothing because we can't and wont do anything. You have my sympathies, but dont look to us for positive news.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are we doing? Sweet F.A. Except to make them legal by hook or crook so that they don't show up on official statistics as illegals.

Why? You would be bored to tears before I listed 25% of them. But how about these:

1. Once they are in' date=' and in the system even with forged papers, they contribute to the tax take and have votes. What politician is going to chuck away votes and revenue?

2. Bleeding heart Liberals. (You might call them left wing democrats) whose kneejerk reaction is to scream "abuse of human rights" and demand loads of public money to defend illegal actions because the perpetrators are poor, misunderstood, and sweet innocent victims of broken homes, vicious regimes and economic deprivation. They call themselves civil rights activists. The fact they make a nice living out of it is purely accidental.

3. The Treaty of Rome, aka, Common Market, aka European Union. Formed with good intentions to lock Germany and France into economic handcuffs to prevent another war. Now a bureaucratic beanfeast with Napoleonic delusions of grandeur. It is now so big and unwieldy with holes in its borders that make your Mexican border look like the Berlin wall.

So you have heard nothing because we can't and wont do anything. You have my sympathies, but dont look to us for positive news.[/quote']

Heh, for some strange reason this makes me feel slightly better.